Welcome back to school and Happy New Year, I hope you were able to have some quality time with your family (especially your Champions!) and friends over our long break. I hope everyone is refreshed and ready to take on the New Year together! I am so glad and excited to be back!
I was able to spend lots of quality time with my family and friends over the break. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy!
I also had the opportunity to participate in the Orton Gillingham training which is a multi-sensory approach to teaching reading. I am very excited to begin my journey implementing this approach to reading into the classroom!
Yesterday went well, everyone seemed very eager to be back in the classroom and I was very impressed all around!
Here are some things to remember, it has been a while since we were back in our routine!
- Not nuts
- Please pack a generous snack portion for your Champion, they are very hungry when snack rolls around!
- With the cold weather, please make sure your Champion is coming to school with warm clothes. The more the better! Since we are right by the window and door front, our room gets VERY cold! Also, it would be a good idea to send your Champion to school with a jacket that can live here in their cubby! ICI spirit hoodies are now a part of our dress code, yay!
- Baggy books will begin coming home again, please help your Champion get that back to school so we can return it to our first grade library. Help your Champion remember to switch out their books for new ones once they are done reading!
- Monday folders will start coming home this upcoming Monday, 1/8/17, please take out work that is in there and return to school the following day.
- Weekly newsletters are attached to our website! Please get back in the habit of checking our website for important info!
FIELD TRIP PAYMENTS
- If you have not had a chance to make field trip payments, please do so at your earliest convenience, it is very important, thank you!
As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!