Happy Friday, have a fabulous weekend, hopefully the rain will hold off for everyone! See you Monday friends!
Here is our weekly newsletter!
Enjoy the weekend!
Good afternoon everyone! I wanted to let you know that I have included an Inclement Weather link under the important links tab at the top of our website. This is a webpage that will help keep you updated for events like today. On the webpage you can sign up via email and/or text to be alerted when school delays/cancelations/early releases occur. It is very quick and easy to sign up, and I highly encourage it!
Welcome back to school and Happy New Year, I hope you were able to have some quality time with your family (especially your Champions!) and friends over our long break. I hope everyone is refreshed and ready to take on the New Year together! I am so glad and excited to be back!
I was able to spend lots of quality time with my family and friends over the break. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy!
I also had the opportunity to participate in the Orton Gillingham training which is a multi-sensory approach to teaching reading. I am very excited to begin my journey implementing this approach to reading into the classroom!
Yesterday went well, everyone seemed very eager to be back in the classroom and I was very impressed all around!
Here are some things to remember, it has been a while since we were back in our routine!
- Not nuts
- Please pack a generous snack portion for your Champion, they are very hungry when snack rolls around!
- With the cold weather, please make sure your Champion is coming to school with warm clothes. The more the better! Since we are right by the window and door front, our room gets VERY cold! Also, it would be a good idea to send your Champion to school with a jacket that can live here in their cubby! ICI spirit hoodies are now a part of our dress code, yay!
- Baggy books will begin coming home again, please help your Champion get that back to school so we can return it to our first grade library. Help your Champion remember to switch out their books for new ones once they are done reading!
- Monday folders will start coming home this upcoming Monday, 1/8/17, please take out work that is in there and return to school the following day.
- Weekly newsletters are attached to our website! Please get back in the habit of checking our website for important info!
FIELD TRIP PAYMENTS
- If you have not had a chance to make field trip payments, please do so at your earliest convenience, it is very important, thank you!
As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
Good morning everyone! I hope that our break is relaxing and enjoyable! I will be tuned out for the most part of the break, but as always, please don’t hesitate to shoot me and email if something pops up for you.
Yesterday, our Winter Send Off Party went well! Thanks to Mr. and Mrs. DeRobertis, Ms. Morissette, and Mrs. Miggas for being here to help set up and facilitate! Thanks to all of our parents who donated items to help us have fun! We represented tens (pretzel rods) and ones (marshmallows), made and decorated snowflakes, and colored our Holiday decoration (doesn’t just have to be for a Christmas tree, if that is a Holiday you do not celebrate!)- this one is special because the ribbon attached is the height of your Champion before we ring in the New Year!
Today, your Champion will be coming home with a gift from me, be on the lookout for that in their yellow folder! Their TURKEY acrostic poem will be in there as well, among with some other work. We will be finishing up our Elf Glyphs today!
We have learned all of our 7 habits, this week we learned about “Sharpen The Saw” which is creating balance in our lives. This break is a great opportunity to practice this habit! Please ask your Champion about it!
Have a great long weekend!
Monday party- We are having our winter send off party on Monday, yay!