We are excited to start a new adventure next week! Check your emails for important schoolwide and first grade info. Here are a view highlights:
On in-person days, please make sure your Champion brings the following items to and from school EACH DAY:
- A charged iPad & headphones
- Fundations Workbook (with the purple octopus on the cover)
- Orange Folder and entire Virtual Kit (laminated pages, handwriting booklet, etc.)
We will be outside for recess and lunch, unless we are experiencing extreme weather/temperatures:
- Please help your Champion dress in weather-appropriate clothing. Cold weather gear should include hats, gloves, warm coats, etc.
- We encourage your Champion to bring a recess toy with them to school each day. These are for individual use only and cannot be shared.
- Please send easy-to-open containers as we will have limited ability to help them open their food items.
- Remember all food needs to be nut free
- Pack a water bottle with an appropriate lid (if it were to tip over, it would not spill) and a spare if needed. Water fountains at school are not being used at this time. Please only put water in the bottles please.
Just a reminder that we do not have school on Wednesday in honor of Veterans Day. There will be no Zooms or Investments that day.
Report Cards go home this week! If your Champion will be at school this week, check your kiddo’s orange folder this; their report card will be there! If your Champion is virtual all week (in the yellow cohort), the report card will be mailed to you.
Have a great week!
We are excited to begin in-person learning next week! Although our classroom will look a little different, we are still ready to have lots of fun learning! Be sure to check out the schedule that was sent to your emails this week so that you can be best prepared. If you have any questions, be sure to email me.
1st Grade Supply List
If you need help with supplies, please contact Ashlee Kinnaird, email@example.com.
Supplies to leave at school:
- Plastic Pencil Box – Standard Size – big enough to hold scissors, glue, crayons, etc.
- 1 box of crayons
- 1 pair of child-sized scissors
- 5 glue sticks
- Pencil sharpener with cover and receptacle
- Colored pencils (small box – must be able to fit in the pencil box)
- Dry erase markers
- 1 composition notebook
- Red folder (plastic or paper)
- Individual packs of tissues
- 1 box sandwich sized OR Quart sized ziploc bags
- 1 box gallon sized ziploc bags
- 1 pack of white cardstock
Supplies to bring to and from school each day:
- School issued ipad (fully charged)
- Fundations workbook (with the purple octopus on the cover)
- Full water bottle with tight closing lid
- Toy (non electronic) for recess
- Lunch with easy to open options
- Change of clothes with extra mask (underwear, uniform bottoms, socks would be most important) to stay in backpack in case of accidents/spills
Dismissal Times, Beginning Next Week:
Don’t forget to follow the dismissal times below that correspond with the color of your car tag. Most first graders fall into the 2:00-2:30 yellow category, but some of you may need to follow the purple time frame if you are also picking up a middle or upper student:
I hope everyone has a wonderful Fall Break! Enjoy your time off!
If you’re in need of optional educational activities throughout your week, don’t forget to check out the First Grade Website. You can scroll down to “Fall Break Optional Activities” to find tons of great resources to explore.
Get ready for an exciting year in first grade! Although this year is starting off a little differently, I am ready to grow and learn with you in our new virtual world! I’m very excited to start this new adventure with my new first grade Champions!
Families, please be sure to check your emails regularly for important updates and information as we begin our virtual learning together. As always, please do not hesitate to email me with any questions you may have. Although we may not have all the answers yet, I am ready to navigate this new learning environment alongside you.