Hello First Grade Families!
You should have received these things in your Champion’s folder this week:
- Please sign and return the purple form that went home in your Champion’s folder this week! (If you need another , let your Champion’s Collegiate Leader know)
- Field Trip letter – Please read through the letter thoroughly and follow the instructions listed there. If you still have questions, contact your Collegiate Leader!
- Parent portals for powerschool were sent home as well – this login information will help you be able to track your Champion’s progress!
- Field trip to Old Salem permission slip was sent home Thursday , August 31st! Check the backside of the form for Chaperone interest!
- Words Their Way sort and letter explaining how to practice at home!
- Progress reports : Please sign and return the envelope (you keep the progress report at home) We began our first academic units last week and have not yet assessed in most learning areas. Please note that the current scores on progress reports are mostly based on informal observations, whereas future scores will be based mostly on data from assessments. You can monitor your Champion’s data through the Parent Portal.
- If I’ve read with your Champion I put a small packet in their folder that describes what their “reading level” means and what kind of books would be great for them to practice with! You can keep this packet ALL YEAR and as they grow as readers, you can adjust the books they read at home – this will help guide you and your Champion to work with “just right” books throughout the year! (Their level is highlighted green)
September 2nd – fine arts 5k
September 4th – No School – Labor Day
September 29th – Early Release/ Fall Break
October 9th – Return to school
October 12th – Old Salem Trip 🙂